domingo, 17 de maio de 2009

The world's oldest jobs!

Hey there! =)


Well, the worl of work exists for many years as we all know. Since my colleague Rute spoke about the professions of the future, I decided to talk about the world's oldest jobs... They are many, like we can imagine, but I will talk only about some of them, the best known and characteristics of Potugal! Let see it!


Jobs that still exist:

The nanny
The seamstress
The sharpening Scissors
The barber
The housemaid
The rammer
The shoeblack
The photographer à lá minute
The Chimneys cleaner
The postman
The digger
The fisherman
The farmer
The police
The shoemaker
The seller of nuts
The ice-sream seller
The prostitute


Extinct Jobs:

The water bearer
The paperboy
The laundress
The stevedore (charger)
The milliner
The operator
The seller of chicken
The seller of rent
The seller of snaks




3 comentários:

  1. It's an interesting post because I didn't knew that were the oldest jobs in the world, and many of that professions still exists.

    :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree with Cátia and I liked this post :D
    It makes me think if any of our relatives had one of these extinct jobs...and some of them were really hard =/

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Yeah! Very interesting post!
    Here we may see that some of them are really important, even being some of the oldest!

    ResponderEliminar